Speaker Jeremy RIFKIN
American economist, essayist, political adviser and activist, a specialist in economic and scientific forecasting, he is the author of the Third Industrial Revolution, a work in which he describes the changes in the economy and suggests the foundations for sustainable growth throughout the twenty-first century.
Jeremy Rifkin is president of the Foundation on Economic Trends and the bestselling author of nineteen books. His books have been translated into more than thirty five languages and are used in hundreds of universities, corporations and government agencies around the world. His most recent books include the New York Times Best Seller, The Third Industrial Revolution (a New York Times best-seller), The Empathic Civilization, The European Dream, The End of Work, and The Age of Access.
Jeremy Rifkin has been an advisor to the European Union for the past decade. Mr. Rifkin is the principle architect of the European Union's Third Industrial Revolution long-term economic sustainability plan to address the triple challenge of the global economic crisis, energy security, and climate change. The Third Industrial Revolution was formally endorsed by the European Parliament in 2007 and is now being implemented by various agencies within the European Commission as well as in the 27 member-states.
Mr. Rifkin is the President of the TIR Consulting Group LLC which advises national governments, regions, and municipalities on sustainable economic development. He is also the founder and chairperson of the Third Industrial Revolution Global CEO Business Roundtable, comprised of 100 of the world's leading renewable energy companies, construction companies, architectural firms, real estate companies, IT companies, power and utility companies, and transport and logistics companies. Mr. Rifkin's global economic development team is the largest of its kind in the world and is working with cities, regions, and national governments to develop master plans to transition their economies into post-carbon Third Industrial Revolution infrastructures.
Discover Jeremy Rifkin's interview at the World Forum Lille 2013 :
- The Third Industrial Revolution; How Lateral Power is Transforming Energy, the Economy, and the World
- The European Dream
- The Hydrogen Economy
- The Age of Access
- The Biotech Century
- The End of Work
- Biosphere Politics: A New Consciousness for a New Century
- Time Wars: The Primary Conflict in Human History - Voting Green (with Carol Grunewald Rifkin)
- Beyond Beef: The Rise and Fall of the Cattle Culture
- The Green Lifestyle Handbook: 1001 Ways You Can Heal the Earth (Editor) - Declaration of a Heretic
- Entropy: A New World View (with Ted Howard)
- Emerging Order: God in the Age of Scarcity (with Ted Howard)
- The North Will Rise Again: Pensions, Politics and Power in the 1980's (with Randy Barber)
- Who Should Play God? The Artificial Creation of Life and What it Means for the Future of the Human Race (with Ted Howard)
- Office :
- Organization :
- Foundation on Economic Trends
- Country :