Director's testimony :
Erwin PARDON, CEO Europe McCain
« Wherever we are in the world, local territory is at the heart of McCain's development. It is important for our company to contribute to its economic and social development while preserving its environment.»
McCain is a Canadian family-owned company, rooted in potato agriculture and was founded in 1957 by the McCain brothers, Wallace and Harrison. Today, McCain employs more than 20 000 employees and operates more than 50 production facilities worldwide. In the north of France, McCain has three manufacturing plants and works with 1000 growerpartners. To this day, McCain remains a family-owned, independent company. McCain’s success has been built around the principle that ‘good ethics is good business’. This philosophy is at the core of its global strategy ‘Be Good. Do Good.’
"BE GOOD. DO GOOD.":
- - Good Agriculture: procuring potatoes with a minimum impact on the environment.
- - Good Operations: minimizing the environmental impact of its manufacturing facilities.
- - Good Food: ensuring that all products meet strict nutritional guidelines.
- - Good Company: guaranteeing optimal working conditions while allowing employees to grow.
- - Good Partner: McCain’s commitment to positively impact the communities in which it operates, in co-creation with its grower-partners, suppliers and customers.
Consult McCain's CSR Best Practices on BipiZ