The World Forum for a Responsible Economy returns in 2018 for a 12th edition!
The "base" principle of the Forum remains the same: to present best practices from five continents in order to demonstrate that concrete and duplicable solutions exist to promote and develop a "responsible economy".
The general theme of this 12th Forum will focus on the challenge of the territories.
See you on October 16, 17 & 18, 2018 in Lille.
The challenge of territories
The company and its territory(ies):
- How does a company impact its territory when it is created, when it settles, operates and develops? How can we value and leverage positive impacts while controlling and reducing negative impacts?
- Companies’ relations to the territory are taking on new dimensions. What is the role of companies within their territory?
- How can multinationals contribute to the territories? How can they combine global and local approach?
The development of a responsible territorial economy:
- New consumption trends are encouraging the development of local brands and new distribution channels. What are the new opportunities and possible strategies for companies?
- The new modes of production, organization, distribution and marketing that are fostering the development of the territorial economy.
- New forms of cooperation between the different categories of actors of a territory are giving rise to territorial ecosystems favoring the development of a responsible economy. How are these ecosystems created and how do they work?
- The circular economy is a model particularly suited to the territorial economy. How to promote and develop the circular economy in a territorial context?
- What are the opportunities offered by local financing (local savings schemes, crowdfunding ...)? Are local currencies bringing new solutions?
The attractiveness of territories:
- What are the most attractive types of territory (metropolises vs medium-sized cities vs rural areas)? What are the elements that make a territory more attractive and thus favor the establishment of companies and their activities (market, labor pool, regulatory and fiscal framework, physical and digital infrastructure…)?
- How can public authorities improve the attractiveness of a territory?
- Territories, the place to experiment and launch initiatives for the responsible economy?
- Can CSR be a factor of territorial attractiveness? What are the institutional frameworks that favor the development of responsible companies?
- How can territories seize opportunities offered by new technologies in a responsible way? What kind of territories benefit from these new opportunities?
Relations between territories
- Territories are interconnected, which means that working together is essential. How can territories partner together to respond to global issues?
- Territories are often competing, but can they cooperate? How can we develop networks of territories for the development of a responsible economy?